Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vickie Davis: Harness your students' digital smarts

Vickie Davis' classroom is the classroom paragon of the future. I believe schools are going to be taking an account of the children's love for technology and incorporating it more often in the curriculum. Though Ms. Davis seems like she is a computer teacher, many teachers can be inspired by these interactive methods of learning! Not only is she introducing her students to new ways of doing things, her main purpose is to get the students involved with hands on activities.

Instead of lecturing all the time, the teacher allows the students to walk in her footsteps and teach in front of the classroom. I love this idea because it allows the students to gain the confidence one needs to succeed.I believe technology can be imperative if it is used the right way! In my future classroom, I hope to use several types of technology to my advantage, such as blogging and pod casts.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are probably correct - that she is a "computer teacher." What I hope is that ALL teachers will make the best possible use of technology in their professional endeavors.

    ReplyDelete