Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Classroom Rules

mock list of rules


Welcome to the 21st century classroom! Imagine living in a world where technology creeps up in every curriculum. Would the classroom rules change? The "New Classroom Rules" was a hilarious posting. Silly as they may sound, utilzing technology in the classroom will ultimately cause these new rules to become effective. The two points I found to be quite interesting were numbers 1 and 13. At the University of South Alabama, changes are already being made to implement courses in the upcoming years that would require the elimination of lectures, but would allow for the full technology experience. Instead of attending class, the student will be able to perform the required work on his own time. What a crazy concept to grasp! On the contrary, the classroom has always been very structured for me. The thirteenth rule stated that "instead of being quiet in line or class, feel free to do whatever you want when participating in an online classroom. If that means turn up the radio and startg dancing, go ahead! Personally, I have never taken a full blown online course, but I know I would love this freedom!

Here's the link to "New Classroom Rules" Click here.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about rule 13. I have never had that freedom in the classroom either. Also, I have never taken an online class but I might just do it now.

    ReplyDelete