Sunday, November 1, 2009

Publishing Children's Work Using Technology

PS 22's Chorus singing with passion

Wow, what a performance! PS 22's song was very beautiful. This is just one of the many examples of children publishing their work over the internet. I believe that in the 21st century, it is important for students to begin utilizing technology. Although the Internet can be a confusing world, I believe that students can use this as a positive experience. Not only did they receive many comments regarding their performance, Stevie Nicks, herself, gave the students a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity by allowing them to perform at her Madison Square Garden concert. The students were able to gain confidence in themselves. They were very proud, in a humbling way, of their work they placed on the Internet.

people connected through teamwork

Kaia and her father is a an example of successful internet posting. The world got to see how a simple excursion created a network experience that touched the lives of many bloggers. As a viewer, I was shocked to see the comments pouring in from all realms of the world. Publishing this blog allowed networking to take form at its best. Another example of published work was Room 10's classroom blog. Not only does the parents get to see what their children is doing during the day, but Room 10 is a perfect example of how blogging can be used in the classroom. I want to incorporate a classroom blog in my own future because of watching the lives of Room 10 flourish on the Internet. Technology is bringing the world together, whether we like it or not.

the word ten

A third example of publishing work through blogging is my own personal example. As a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class, my blogs have caught the eye of some important figures. For example, Mr. Chamberlain responded to my blog post concerning the previously mentioned "Kaia." I thought it was great to experience somebody on the outside taking the time out of their daily lives to comment on my post. In a way, I feel a sense of accomplishment, as I complete each one of my blogs.

If you would like to watch the video of PS 22's song, Click here.

Also, here's the link to Room 10's classroom blog Click here.

2 comments:

  1. "Technology is bringing the world together, whether we like it or not. " I hope we like it!

    Blogging, and especially commenting on blogs, is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed! I have learned the power of blogging so far in your class, Dr. Strange!

    ReplyDelete