Sunday, October 4, 2009

Using Ipods in Instruction

Using Ipods in the classroom is a great tool for students and teachers. Though I do not own an Ipod, I would be willing to get one after learning about these capabilities. This Link shows a perfect example of Ipods being used.In the fall of 2004, every incoming freshman, upon entering Duke University, was given a free Ipod. This is part of the movement to move toward a more technologically-friendly era. Students across campus use the Ipod's facilities to progress in class, whether it be creating podcasts, recording a professor's lecture, or simply completing a required assignment.Programmed into the Ipod was important information concerning the school, such as Orientation information and academic calendars. The future is looking good for these students as they prepare to take grasp of the importance of utilizing technology.

I also learned that Ipods are being used in many different classroom settings. Many foreign language classes, including English as a Second Language, are amongst the avid users. Also, special education teachers have reported that many of their students have performed above average when taking the Ipod to the next level in their studies.

heart filled with ipods

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you see the usefulness of iPods and would be willing to get one. As soon as the iPod Touch has a camera in it, I will probably make it a requirement for EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that would be a major requirement! Isn't the IPOD Touch really expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. $ 199 for the least expensive model. Less than some books! Or should I say MANY books. And I am CERTAIN that the iPod Touch would be used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the Ipod touch would be the better deal! My books tend to get quite expensive for my classes.

    ReplyDelete