Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wendy Drexler's "The Networked Student"

one room schoolhouse

I found this video to be quite amusing! Wendy Drexler's video discusses information about the Networked Student. Truly, I am that networked student. Though the high school student may perform up to the standards of the class, alone, the teacher is there to teach him the how-tos and provides moral support. She is there to interact with his ideas and point him in the right direction.

Instead of waiting for instruction, the networked student embarks on his journey to research his subject on his own. There are numerous resources he can build off on. Many of these resources are being introduced in the curriculum of EDM 310 today. I think it is amazing to think that I am not the only person performing these tasks. Many students across the world are blogging, developing personal learning networks(plns), creating podcasts/videocasts, etc.

This definitely is not your momma's classroom. As an aspiring teacher, I will be teaching the networked student. I can run away from technology or embrace it with open arms. I choose to take on this bulk of the future and be that "Change Agent" in my student's lives.

child solving a problem using technology

Here's the link to the video, Click here.
If you would like to find out more information about Wendy Drexler, Click here.

1 comment:

  1. "This definitely is not your momma's classroom. " I will try and remember to give you credit when I use this line, but if I don't, please forgive me. I am sure I will use it! In fact, take a look at the subhead for the class blog.

    ReplyDelete