Sunday, September 20, 2009

Did you Know 4.0

Comparing this video to the previous "Did you Know video," I found this one to be quite upsetting. Over two thousand text messages are sent each month by the average teenager. Many of my family members and friends fit this description in their texting habits. Personally, I go through about 200 each month. I prefer to communicate through talking on the phone, rather than texting. I believe this growing trend is going to negatively affect the student's communication skills as they get older.

Each day, I have to partake in my daily dosage of reading the newspaper. Many journalism stations are going virtual. Newspaper sales have extremely decreased over the past couple of years, with the additions of online resources. What used to be a necessity of life is becoming more and more extinct as technology becomes more popular. In my experience, reading long documents online causes loss of concentration and many headaches. Though it is "more green" to rely on online documents, is there a way we can save the classic ways, while embracing the new ideas?

1 comment: