Sunday, September 13, 2009

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

I believed that there were many interesting points throughout this whole video. It pretty much described my college experience. Truthfully, I am one of those students who waste her life away on facebook. In the beginning, I vowed never to dive into this addictive world, that is filled with updating statuses and posting pictures. But as a requirement for my Freshman Seminar class here at the South, we were told to make a "Facebook" for ourselves. I disagree though with the idea of being just a number at the university. One of the reasons why I came to the University of South Alabama was the fact that it gave me smaller classes, in most cases.

If I was able to add anything to make it more personable to my own life, I would focus more on text messaging, as well as individual phone calls. I see myself as being more balanced when it comes to using the two. Also, I would add study habits. For example, I am a huge procrastinator. It would have been interesting to display certain statistics pertaining to that subject. All in all, there is not much I would change in "A Vision of Students Today."

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you get together with some others to make your own video like Prof. Wesch's.

    ReplyDelete