Sunday, September 27, 2009

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

I really enjoyed Mr. McClung's article about his first year of teaching. There are several interesting points in his blog post. Firstly, he brings up the importance of staying positive. In today's society, a teacher can get bogged down with the negativity of everything that is going on in the world. It is his or her decision to bring that attitude into the classroom. Mr. McClung chose to STAY POSITIVE! Sometimes he had high expectations for his students, but he learned real quick that "children, like adults, are not perfect." Another intriguing remark Mr. McClung made was "Listen to your Students!" That is such a simple, yet important piece of advice! Personally, the most memorable teachers in my life were the ones that truly took the time to learn about my life and my interests. All in all, as a aspiring teacher, I will remember Mr. McClung's advice, going into my first year of teaching.

1 comment: